Albion lands £10m YouView creative account after pitch
Albion has picked up the £10 million advertising account for the internet-connected TV platform YouView.
YouView: Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account in December
The shop defeated agencies including The Red Brick Road, Kream London, Heavenly, Creature London and Bray Leino to secure the business after a series of pitches earlier this month.
YouView called the review in January after Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account at the end of December. The pitch was overseen by YouView’s marketing team with its outgoing non-executive chairman, Lord Sugar, taking a close interest.
Adam & Eve/DDB launched its first major ad campaign in September last year. The TV spot showed actors and characters including Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Who’s Daleks and Downton Abbey’s Dame Maggie Smith projected on to buildings.
YouView is a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva. After failing to launch as scheduled in 2010 following a series of delays and technical problems, Sugar was brought in as the non-executive chairman in 2011. He resigned from the post two weeks ago.
Albion would not comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...