Vodafone restructures UK marketing team
Vodafone is merging its consumer sales-marketing and brand functions to create a 50-strong combined brand marketing team.
Vodafone: restructuring UK marketing team
The team is currently led by UK chief executive Guy Laurence, who is overseeing the changes while a replacement is sought for Danielle Crook, who left the role of director of brand marketing in December to join Starbucks.
The previous brand team headcount stood at 34. The new team will comprise ‘about 50’ staff with the addition of the marketing communications team, while a small number of staff have been made redundant. A Vodafone spokesman said ‘fewer than half a dozen’ people were affected by the changes.
It is believed that the re-organisation is designed to help the company react faster to an increasingly multichannel retail environment.
The news comes a week after it emerged that Vodafone Group was ending its high-profile McLaren F1 sponsorship, estimated to be worth £50m a year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Freelance Digital Designer - Needed Vitamin Talent £250 -300 day rate, London - Central
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...