Sky Sports launches on pay-as-you-go Now TV
Sky has opened up its acclaimed sports channels to non-subscribers for the first time in 22 years today, with the launch of its pay-as-you-go internet service, Now TV.
Now TV: rolls out Sports subscription
Now TV promises a new and flexible way to access the satellite giant’s live sports coverage with no contract, set-up costs or installation. Customers can now get unlimited 24-hour access to all six Sky Sports channels for £9.99.
The broadcaster is hoping Now TV will open Sky Sports to new audiences with its exclusive event-TV content, including Formula 1 races, Premier League matches and Ashes Tests.
The web-based service will be available on all connected devices, including Xbox 360, computers, tablets and smartphones.
Simon Creasey, director of Now TV, called the launch a "landmark moment for sports fans".
Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, added: "Sky Sports has never offered a greater choice of high-quality live sport and we’ve got our biggest ever summer ahead.
"Whether it’s the Ashes, the Lions, F1, or the finale of the football season, there’s something for all sports fans on Sky."
The new sports content adds to Now TV’s established offering of access to Sky Movies with a monthly pass.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Midweight Front End Developer- salary up to £35k Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...