Agencies lodge complaints about Govt tender process
The Cabinet Office has delayed confirmation of the Government's creative, digital and direct marketing frameworks after receiving multiple complaints from aggrieved parties.
Frank campaign by Mother: the agency failed to gain a place on the roster
Ten creative agencies made it on to the roster in February, but some shops that created key government campaigns in the past have been overlooked and concerns have been raised over the integrity of the bid process.
Mother London, the agency behind the Frank drugs advice campaigns, and Dare, which created the recent anti-smoking work, have made formal complaints about the process, which is handled through the Government Procurement Service.
Toby Horry, the managing director of Dare, said: "There are certain irrationalities that may have happened in the process and we want to be clear that it was a fair process."
Karmarama, which has not worked with the Government before, also filed a complaint.
Nicola Mendelsohn, the agency’s executive chairman, said: "As one of the largest independent agencies, you would think that we would get on [the list], as we represent British taxpayers’ money and putting money back into UK coffers."
The standstill period for agencies to appeal expired last week but will now remain open until the Government has responded to all appeals and requests for clarification.
A Cabinet Office spokeswoman said: "The GPS operates transparent and fair tendering processes. A contract announcement will be made when this framework is finalised after the successful completion of the mandatory standstill period."Follow @LouiseRidley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...