Government expected to uphold creative roster decision
The Government Procurement Service is thought to be sticking to the 10 agencies it selected for its creative advertising roster last month, despite complaints from long-standing agencies left off the list.
The GPS is close to confirming the final advertising agencies on the roster for government work, after receiving appeals from agencies including Dare, which created Department of Health anti-smoking campaigns, and Mother London, which was behind the FRANK drugs information campaign.
Agencies last week called for clarity and a review of the procedure, expressing concerns over the final selection and the integrity of the bid process.
The "standstill" or alcatel period to put forward complaints has now closed and the GPS has responded to all agencies that submitted appeals.
It is expected to uphold its decision to appoint 10 agencies to the creative framework, subject to final details.
No changes would therefore be made to February’s list of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, DLKW Lowe, Engine, Enter, Inferno, Kindred, M&C Saatchi, McCann London, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Ogilvy & Mather Group.
Dare said its appeal had been unsuccessful and Mother London confirmed it had received a response and would be following up with the GPS team.
A Cabinet Office spokeswoman said: "Governments need to communicate effectively with citizens, and we want to make these channels of communication stronger than ever before.
"To ensure we can do this, the Government Procurement Service operates transparent and fair tendering processes that ensure we are extracting the maximum value from every pound spent, whilst improving quality.
"The alcatel period has now concluded and we will be in a position to make an announcement on the confirmed list shortly."Follow @louiseridley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London