Havas Group pre-tax profits rise 14% to €190m
Havas Group, the owner of the Havas Worldwide and Havas Media networks, has reported pre-tax income of €190m (£161.2m) in 2012, an increase of 14.5% year on year after growth in new business, digital and emerging markets.
David Jones: chief executive, Havas
According to Havas Group’s full year results, the group’s consolidated companies reported revenue of €1.78bn in 2012, an increase of 8.1% year on year or 2.1% on an organic basis.
Havas said digital and social media "once again increased their contribution" and now account for 26% of overall group revenue, while 17% of revenue comes from fast growing markets in Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
Net new business won by Havas Group companies was €1.7bn in 2012, up 21.4% from €1.4bn a year earlier. International wins include: Louis Vuitton for BETC; Intel Asus, Novartis and GSK for Havas; and Mr Porter for MPG Media Contacts.
David Jones, chief executive of Havas, said: "2012 was a strong year reflecting continued progress on profitability, organizational structure and strategic growth areas. Importantly, we continued to deliver sequential year-over-year margin improvement with further potential in the years ahead.
"New business performance in 2012 was strong by agencies at global, regional and local level, and we continued to grow both our emerging markets as well as our digital business.
In September 2012 Havas rebranded its Euro RSCG creative network to Havas Worldwide and then in January 2013 rebranded the MPG Media Contacts planning and buying network as Havas Media.
Jones said: "The simplification of our group structure and network branding reinforces our agile and integrated organization with digital at the core, which we believe gives us unique competitive advantages within the industry.
"While European economies remain challenged, we are confident in our ability to continue to deliver strong results and grow shareholder value for the long-term."
Havas’ operating income was €219m, up 11% from €177m a year earlier.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)