Independent named as content partner for HTC phone launch
The Independent has signed up to be the content partner of the new HTC One smartphone, as part of the paper's collaboration with HTC BlinkFeed, which aggregates and updates content throughout the day.
HTC One: teams up with The Independent
BlinkFeed allows users to generate a personalised news feed straight to their home screens by selecting the content they are most interested in. Users also have the option to read articles in full on the HTC One, which comes with a metal case and a price tag around £500.
The phone has been designed to challenge the Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5.
Zach Leonard, managing director of digital at The Independent, said: "Delivering high-quality journalism that is fresh and up-to-date is at the heart of what we do.
"We are proud to be bringing the latest news, sport, comment, lifestyle, arts and student content to audiences of the new HTC One, as we continue to invest in our presence and partnerships in the digital space."
Drew Bamford, assistant vice president of user experience at HTC, said: "With HTC BlinkFeed, our customers have direct access to fresh content – whether it is from friends or social feeds – that is uniquely relevant to them.
"The great content offered by The Independent fits well with our vast range of consumers, and we are pleased to partner with The Independent to bring our customers this experience."Follow @chloeellaSmith
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester
- Managing Partner / Client Services Director David Thatcher Recruitment £80-95k, Bristol