Hit or Miss... Cadbury goes Ape
Cadbury was poised to gain yet more PR plaudits from its 'drumming gorilla' ad, by securing a spot during ITV's screening of the rugby final. Until trade union Unite got its hands on a Cadbury internal memo boasting of the chocolate company's coup. The union used the opportunity to point out the cynicism of supporting the British rugby team while contemplating shifting factory work to Poland. Unite's efforts reached key regionals near Cadbury's Keynsham factory, not to mention a column in The Times. Unite: 1; Gorilla: 0.
To continue enjoying this article, please sign in below. You can register for free, giving you limited further access to news, or subscribe now for full access to all our content. View our subscription options.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire