Hit or Miss... Cadbury goes Ape
Cadbury was poised to gain yet more PR plaudits from its 'drumming gorilla' ad, by securing a spot during ITV's screening of the rugby final. Until trade union Unite got its hands on a Cadbury internal memo boasting of the chocolate company's coup. The union used the opportunity to point out the cynicism of supporting the British rugby team while contemplating shifting factory work to Poland. Unite's efforts reached key regionals near Cadbury's Keynsham factory, not to mention a column in The Times. Unite: 1; Gorilla: 0.
To continue enjoying this article, please sign in below. You can register for free, giving you limited further access to news, or subscribe now for full access to all our content. View our subscription options.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)