Specsavers launches £39m media contest
Specsavers is reviewing its £39 million UK media planning and buying business, which is currently held by MEC and MediaCom.
Specsavers: reviewing media
The optician has split its business between Group M agencies for seven years. MEC looks after the national planning and buying, while MediaCom is responsible for regional activity.
It is understood that Specsavers has called the review as part of a "statutory best practice" approach to its suppliers. The process is being led by the global marketing director, Richard Holmes, and the marketing director, Tim Orton.
The client has approached agencies and chemistry meetings have been scheduled for next week. The incumbent agencies are expected to repitch for the business.
Last year, Specsavers, which handles its creative in-house, temporarily dropped its famous "Should’ve gone to Specsavers" strapline. It soon reverted back to the strapline in its recent execution, which featured a naked man going into a steamy sauna and realising it is the kitchen of a Gordon Ramsay restaurant.
Recent advertising activity has focused on Specsavers’ value range, though the retailer also stocks designer glasses.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...