Editor's Comment: Welcome - New Year, new-look Marketing magazine
Ah, New Year's resolutions. How many of them play to one's vanity? To be a slimmer, fitter, better-looking version of ourselves?
Well, as you can see, this magazine decided it was high time for a makeover.
However, there was much more to it than a metaphorical visit to the hairdresser and personal trainer.
After all, if you'll forgive me stretching my metaphor, those wielding the clippers and keep-fit tips were you, the readers. We've responded to your demand for a contemporary look that reflects a shift in our content, not just how we present it.
The most conspicuous change is our move to a picture-led cover highlighting the week's most significant content, with the creative sometimes crafted by ad agencies.
We've boosted coverage of technological and consumer trends in our new Shift column, while giving greater prominence to PPA award-winning columnist Helen Edwards and our senior marketer interviews. Our news digest, 'This week', includes your views on those stories and we've revamped our 'Adwatch' section as 'Brand barometer'.
A fresh website is also in the works.
We'd love to hear what you think, as making Marketing the most useful tool for our readers is our ambition. Now, if you'll excuse me, there is a packet of dry crispbread calling me ...
What do you think of the new-look Marketing? Email email@example.com or tweet @MarketingUK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...