Editor's comment: TV's refuseniks are a breed apart
Can you build a brand without TV? Yes, according to our cover feature; but it depends on the brand.
TV's refuseniks include those enjoying innovative product distribution (Tyrrells and Bulldog) or great design to stimulate demand (Le Creuset).
For brands that aren't as close to their market, TV's ability to reach mass audiences is vital. This is not to mention its halo effect across other channels and brands in the portfolio.
Also, TV can help promote a fledgling brand to important investors. To TV or not to TV? That is still the question for brands, and will be for years to come.
Opt-in cookie law good for brands
Cometh May, cometh an EU legal requirement to get consumers' permission before sending cookies, unless the cookie is deemed 'strictly necessary' for a service requested by the user. It means more red tape for brands to cut through, but it also presents an opportunity.
There is growing reluctance among consumers to allow their digital data to be analysed and sold for profit. So brands showing transparency can win hearts, minds and wallets.
Such sensitivity to privacy can only be brand-enhancing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...