Brand manager of the week: Taskeen Jamal
Digital brand development manager for heart health, Unilever
Describe yourself in three words.
Motivated, organised and resilient.
How would you define marketing?
Marketing is forming lifelong connections between brands and people.
What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
A Bodytalk practitioner and cupcake-baker.
What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career?
Try to ensure that all the roles you do help you develop a wide range of skills, so you can become invaluable.
What attracted you to your current job?
I love digital marketing and it's great being a pioneer in this field, learning by doing.
What's your greatest ambition?
To be acknowledged and valued as a leader in digital marketing.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Energizer - I'm always on the go, with lots of energy, and I don't know how to give up.
What is your favourite ever marketing campaign?
Transport for London's 'Do the test' campaign to raise vehicle drivers' awareness of cyclists on the road.
What is your all-time favourite slogan?
Marmite's 'You either love it or hate it'.
What marketing trend is dominating your job at the moment?
Using data and analytics to uncover consumer insights... fascinating stuff.
What hobbies do you have?
Getting creative in the kitchen, photo-editing, travelling.
What makes you angry?
Injustice, laziness and hypocrisy.
What is your favourite pub?
Not a pub visitor, but my favourite spot is Haagen-Dazs in Leicester Square.
What's your favourite holiday destination?
If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
Wimbledon finals or MasterChef finals.
What have been your best and worst freebies?
The best is my Stork recipe book; the worst are pens that never work.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)