My secret work weapon: James Bond, Clive Woodward and the importance of positivity
It's a quote from 'The Spy Who Loved Me', where Bond is told a survival strategy: to 'have a positive mental attitude'. It's more of a life weapon, but I apply it to work.
Justin Skinner, vice-president of marketing, Cineworld
As a marketer, I represent the customer, and in the leisure industry, it's about having fun and a positive experience. We're going through a customer-first programme, asking how to make our customers feel special and take the stress out of the cinema experience. So, a positive mental attitude is helping drive that strategy through.
Also, I try to bring my own energy and enthusiasm to my team. The positivity needs to be felt. In Sir Clive Woodward's book Winning, he writes about his mantra, that everyone is part of the team, and he didn't want any 'sappers' to take away energy and positivity.
Our end goal is putting the customer first and making Cineworld the favourite cinema in the UK. That positive thinking acts as a principle of success.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)