Brand Manager of the Week: James Lacey
CRM assistant manager, Nissan GB
Describe yourself in three words.
Chirpy, hopeful, perfectionist.
What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
I still hold on to that dream of being a train driver.
What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
Always start by working in a brand/product/service area that interests you as a consumer as well as a marketer – it makes it easier to get into the mind of the customer.
What was your finest hour?
Helping to launch Nissan Juke in 2010.
What's your greatest ambition?
To learn another language fluently – just got to decide on one and get cracking.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Dependable, with an eye for quality – John Lewis.
What is your favourite ever marketing campaign?
Honda's 'Cog' mesmerised me the first time I saw it. It appealed to the gadget-tinkering technologist in me.
What is your all-time favourite slogan?
BBC iPlayer's 'Making the unmissable unmissable' has a simplistic beauty.
What hobbies do you have?
Movies, country walks, the occasional bike ride. Basically, anything but the gym.
What is your favourite pub?
The Cricketers in Meopham, Kent – a beautifully restored windmill by the beer garden and immense chunky chips.
If you had three wishes, what would they be?
Remembering names after one introduction; non-iron shirts that really are; and, if I'm running a minute late, the train is too.
What have been your best and worst freebies?
Best was a trip to Le Mans; worst was a 'set' of scented candles and travel clock.
What headline would you like to read in Marketing?
'World agrees on one mobile operating system.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...