Viral review: 'Emotional' Google ad captures the 2013 zeitgeist
Social video experts Unruly evaluate the latest viral campaign from Google
Google: ad covers major world events
Although it's not a fresh idea, with over 3m views in two days, it still resonates. 7/10
Google Zeitgeist - Here's to 2013
It’s that time of year when we all like to look back and reflect on events that occurred over the past 12 months. Google likes doing this too and has reviewed the year’s most searched terms to capture the global zeitgeist of 2013.
As part of this annual project, the brand created a collage of the top 100 searches, mapped out the most popular phrases and created a moving online video to present their results.
In 90 seconds, the viewer rediscovers many of the memorable moments of 2013; from the royal birth and the Syrian uprising through to the Boston Marathon atrocity, Nelson Mandela’s passing, scientific discoveries and internet trends.
The video is a composition of strong, moving and, at times, funny images from the past year kindled by Jetta’s "Feels Like Coming Home". This simple concept is designed to play on viewer’s emotions. Although it’s not a fresh idea, with over 3m views in two days, it still resonates.
What deepens this experience is Google’s microsite where viewers can interact with all the elements of the project and can further explore the top searches of the 2013.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire