Viral review: 'Emotional' Google ad captures the 2013 zeitgeist
Social video experts Unruly evaluate the latest viral campaign from Google
Google: ad covers major world events
Although it's not a fresh idea, with over 3m views in two days, it still resonates. 7/10
Google Zeitgeist - Here's to 2013
It’s that time of year when we all like to look back and reflect on events that occurred over the past 12 months. Google likes doing this too and has reviewed the year’s most searched terms to capture the global zeitgeist of 2013.
As part of this annual project, the brand created a collage of the top 100 searches, mapped out the most popular phrases and created a moving online video to present their results.
In 90 seconds, the viewer rediscovers many of the memorable moments of 2013; from the royal birth and the Syrian uprising through to the Boston Marathon atrocity, Nelson Mandela’s passing, scientific discoveries and internet trends.
The video is a composition of strong, moving and, at times, funny images from the past year kindled by Jetta’s "Feels Like Coming Home". This simple concept is designed to play on viewer’s emotions. Although it’s not a fresh idea, with over 3m views in two days, it still resonates.
What deepens this experience is Google’s microsite where viewers can interact with all the elements of the project and can further explore the top searches of the 2013.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London