Infographic: Consumer psychology and the e-commerce checkout
I'm sure we've all been there - an online basket with something in it, ready to make a purchase. And then... we abandon it. So what are our thought processes? And is there anything a retailer can do to stop us from changing our minds at the last minute?
Here’s an interesting infographic that tracks the psychology of a would be buyer from the moment they log on – where you’ve got just three seconds to get it right – right through to how they choose their payment method.
Key messages are that consumers do not like finding hidden charges part way through their transaction, online shoppers are highly likely to check out product reviews before they make a decision and that nearly a third will abandon their transaction if you try and make them register on your site to complete the sale.
The infographic was developed by Vouchercloud.net.
This article was first published on WallBlog.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London