Infographic: Consumer psychology and the e-commerce checkout
I'm sure we've all been there - an online basket with something in it, ready to make a purchase. And then... we abandon it. So what are our thought processes? And is there anything a retailer can do to stop us from changing our minds at the last minute?
Here’s an interesting infographic that tracks the psychology of a would be buyer from the moment they log on – where you’ve got just three seconds to get it right – right through to how they choose their payment method.
Key messages are that consumers do not like finding hidden charges part way through their transaction, online shoppers are highly likely to check out product reviews before they make a decision and that nearly a third will abandon their transaction if you try and make them register on your site to complete the sale.
The infographic was developed by Vouchercloud.net.
This article was first published on WallBlog.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Automotive Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...