My secret work weapon: James Bond, Clive Woodward and the importance of positivity
It's a quote from 'The Spy Who Loved Me', where Bond is told a survival strategy: to 'have a positive mental attitude'. It's more of a life weapon, but I apply it to work.
Justin Skinner, vice-president of marketing, Cineworld
As a marketer, I represent the customer, and in the leisure industry, it's about having fun and a positive experience. We're going through a customer-first programme, asking how to make our customers feel special and take the stress out of the cinema experience. So, a positive mental attitude is helping drive that strategy through.
Also, I try to bring my own energy and enthusiasm to my team. The positivity needs to be felt. In Sir Clive Woodward's book Winning, he writes about his mantra, that everyone is part of the team, and he didn't want any 'sappers' to take away energy and positivity.
Our end goal is putting the customer first and making Cineworld the favourite cinema in the UK. That positive thinking acts as a principle of success.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Integrated Producer Source £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...