Brand manager of the week: Martin Jobin
Marketing communication content manager, Infiniti Europe
Describe yourself in three words.
Passionate, hard-working, Canadian.
How would you define marketing?
The science of creating perceptions.
What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
I would be a dairy farmer.
What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career?
Be curious, work extremely hard and do not underestimate the power of networking.
What attracted you to your current job?
As a kid I always dreamed of working in the automotive industry. My MBA from Rotterdam School of Management opened doors for me to enter the industry.
What was your first job?
Salesman for a small start-up in Canada selling sports clothing.
How did you get your first job?
Perseverance. It was during the 1992 recession in Canada; I must have sent hundreds of applications.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
A Porsche 993. It gets cooler and increases in value with age.
What is your favourite marketing campaign?
Apple's 'Get a Mac'.
What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'Just do it.'
Do you have a marketing mentor?
No, unfortunately; I wish I did.
What marketing trend is dominating your job at the moment?
What hobbies do you have?
Cycling keeps me sane.
If you weren't you, who would you be?
Six months ago I would have said Lance Armstrong.
What makes you angry?
Last-minute bad surprises.
What's your favourite holiday destination?
South of France in July.
If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
The 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil.
What have been your best and worst freebies?
The best was tickets to see The Rolling Stones. The worst was a cheap bamboo Chinese hat.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...