Inside... Radio Advertising Bureau
The trade body operates alongside other RadioCentre teams in what is the medium's UK nerve centre, Simon Redican writes.
At the Radio Advertising Bureau, we love our job of helping to keep the medium front of mind for advertising decision-makers. With new brands, multiplatform access and innovative formats, radio is constantly evolving its consumer and advertiser offering, so it’s vital that we keep ahead of the game on all market developments.
That’s why it’s great sharing the sixth floor at 55 New Oxford Street with Radioplayer, Digital Radio UK and Rajar, in addition to our colleagues at RadioCentre. To ensure the whole team is connected with everything that is going on in the industry, the RAB operates a hot-desking policy alongside the other teams within RadioCentre.
This helps us stay informed about the latest policy issues or dealings with the BBC Trust and keeps us in touch with the latest scripts being cleared by the RACC. And having the radio on all day throughout the office (listening to a different station each day) helps keep us close to the product we are selling.
We’re always happy to welcome customers and stakeholders into this positive environment, so it’s no surprise to encounter the great and good of the radio industry wandering the corridors or the hundreds of delegates who attend the RAB’s "Introduction to radio" training day, which we run on-site.
The RAB team is relatively small but perfectly formed, focusing on customer contact, research and insight, creativity, and marketing – all of which rely on close collaboration to elicit the best response from each piece of activity we run.
We’re gearing up for a customer event taking place in April where we will launch two exciting projects, followed later in the year with what we anticipate will be a hugely impactful research project. We hope these, alongside other initiatives, will help keep radio in the consideration set and lead to revenue growth for the fourth year in succession.
Simon Redican is the managing director at the Radio Advertising Bureau
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...