GSK restructure aims for 'fast-moving consumer healthcare' approach
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is to follow the brand management strategies of Unilever, Procter & Gamble and Reckitt Benckiser by placing key brands within a 'fast-moving consumer healthcare' structure.
Lucozade: one of GSK's key global brands
The pharmaceutical manufacturer, which is negotiating the sell-off of 19 of its brands, is relaying its repositioning to agencies, as it aims to capitalise on demand for over-the-counter ‘wellness’ products.
Under the leadership of Emma Walmsley, president of consumer healthcare Europe, the company is seeking stronger brand leadership, with fewer global brands in its portfolio. The shift comes after GSK merged its UK Nutritional Healthcare division with its Consumer Healthcare business earlier this year. This created a bigger unit for brands including Lucozade, Ribena, Sensodyne and Panadol.
The change in approach by GSK, which has undergone several restructures in the past few years, includes redeploying staff across the business, according to sources.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...