Boots sticks with comedy Christmas strategy
Boots is sticking with its comedic "here come the girls" theme for this year's Christmas advertising campaign, which is themed around the importance of women.
Boots: revives 'here come the girls' concept
The TV ad, which launches tonight (November 3), portrays the girls as action-heroines as they transform their neighbourhood from a suburban street into a winter wonderland with "speed, skill and glamour".
The campaign, created by ad agency Mother, is designed to show Christmas would not happen without the influence of women, who carry out laborious tasks including secretive shopping missions and marathon wrapping sessions.
The 60-second television spot will launch at 8.15pm during ITV and Channel 4 during Emmerdale and Beeny's Restoration Nightmares.
Boots introduced comedy to its Christmas campaigns last year with ads that sought to bring together health and beauty in one ‘brand voice’ for the first time.
The brand introduced its "here come the girls" positioning four years ago.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London