Panadol to sponsor Keith Lemon's jump to ITV1
Panadol, the GlaxoSmithKline-owned paracetamol-based pain killer, has signed a six-figure deal to sponsor Keith Lemon's forthcoming primetime Saturday night show, 'LemonAid'.
Keith Lemon: his LemonAid show debuts on 7 April
In the new programme, Lemon is set to become a modern day 'Jim'll Fix It' character, when he and celebrity helpers will meet people with problems, and try to help them and make their dreams come true.
Lemon's switch to ITV1 follows his ITV2 game show 'Celebrity Juice', with team captains Holly Willoughby and Fearne Cotton, recording the highest audiences of any TV programme on digital TV in 2011.
The sponsorship was planned and bought by WPP media agency MediaCom and the idents were made by Kream.
Rose Gray, senior brand manager, Panadol, said: "Panadol comes to the aid of UK consumers with its pain relief, so linking to Keith Lemon's 'LemonAid', where Keith also provides aid to the public in his own unique way, is a great fit."
The 45-minute programme starts on Saturday 7 April at 6.15pm and will run for six weeks.
Dani Roe, account sales manager, ITV, said: "Keith Lemon appeals to a mass audience and we are delighted to welcome him to our flagship channel, ITV1.
"We believe that Panadol is the perfect sponsor for the new programme, Keith Lemon's 'LemonAid', and hope that it will be a great platform for the brand to reach its core target audience."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...