Sofa retailer to push 'test drive' app
Harveys, the furniture retailer, is focusing its marketing activity around a mobile app that lets users "test drive" sofas in their own homes.
Harveys: releases 'test drive' app
Users can browse the Harveys range from within the app and superimpose the products on their phone's photo-capture screen to view the product in any given space.
The image can be flipped, depending on perspective, and users can try out different colour schemes.
The idea for the app was conceived by MediaVest and built by Mobile 5.
Its launch marks a shift in strategy for Harveys, which has traditionally focused on price-and sales-led marketing.
The app will be integrated into its 'Coronation Street' idents, which will feature comedienne characters Katie and Anna. The creative must not be a direct call to action, to avoid contravening rules set by industry regulator Ofcom.
The launch will also be promoted by press activity, which will encourage readers to buy and download the app from the Apple app store and Android marketplace to test drive an advertised product.
Initial downloads will be driven by a "cost-per-download" campaign handled by mobile ad networks Greystripe and StrikeAd.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...