Mini opens first UK 'store' at Westfield Stratford
BMW-owned car brand Mini has opened its first UK pop-up store at the Westfield Stratford shopping centre near the Olympic Park, as part of plans to activate its sponsorship of the 2012 Games.
Mini: Westfield store to promote Olympic sponsorship
The store, which will remain open for 12 months, will promote its coupé and Countryman models, as well as a range of Mini-branded lifestyle merchandise. It also features what the manufacturer claims to be the UK’s first "3D car configurator".
Jochen Goller, Mini's UK director, said it was important for consumers to see the brand "removed from the established car showroom environment", and would consider rolling out further retail sites if this proves successful.
He added: "Since Mini launched just over 10 years ago, we have developed a massive community of fans and enthusiasts for whom Mini is much more than just a car brand. These fans love to accessorise their cars.
"Over the next year we will be listening to, and learning from, what visitors to the Westfield store have to say about what they expect from their car retail experience."
Last week, BMW also unveiled plans for a "floating" showroom at the Olympic Park. The 800sqm two-storey venue will be positioned on columns above the Waterworks River, situated between the Olympic Stadium and the Aquatics Centre.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London