Lastminute.com goes 'back to roots'
Lastminute.com is overhauling its brand positioning with a new campaign this week, which will feature the business going "back to its roots" as a last-minute leisure provider that offers five-star hotels for three-star prices.
Lastminute.com: going back to its roots
The dotcom brand is launching a press and outdoor campaign this Friday (30 March). It has dropped its 'Stories start here' strapline used in activity last year, simply using its brand name as an endline.
Each ad is backed by a price-led offer available on the site, focusing on the brand's hotel offering, while more targeted activity will showcase the brand's theatre, spas and restaurant products. It is supported by extensive social media activity.
Kathy Maxwell, Lastminute.com's head of brand and PR, has led the campaign while the business continues to look for a replacement for Mark Fells, the company's former marketing director, who left the business in October last year.
Maxwell told Marketing that the new activity represented a "transformation" of the business itself as it "gets back to its roots", while focusing on the brand's pride within its product and customers.
She said: "This campaign is about the brand getting its strength back, focusing on Lastminute's core message of making the unobtainable, obtainable."
The activity shows ordinary people in luxury situations booked through Lastminute.com, using different lines for each execution, such as "Showers with the power of Niagara for everyone."
The outdoor activity will run in London throughout April and May. Maxwell said plans for national print and TV activity were "in the pipeline".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London