Tunisia seeks to lure back tourists following revolution
Tunisia is hoping to attract tourists back to the country by launching a campaign next week after a tumultuous year that has seen a revolution and the election of a new government.
Tunisia: rolls out summer 2012 campaign
The Tunisian National Tourist Office (TNTO) will use the "there's more to celebrate" strapline in a three-month campaign created by London-based agency Fox Kalomaski Crossing.
Activity will launch on 2 April and run for two weeks on buses across the country to promote the country's ancient archaeology and "stunning" white sand beaches.
Tourism numbers to Tunisia have taken a knock following last year's uprising that lead to a regime change in the country.
Wahida Jaiet, TNTO Director for the UK and Ireland, said: "We all know tourism in Tunisia took a hit following the Jasmin Revolution, but British visitors have been quick to return and the UK is now our third most important market.
"We still have the sandy beaches and thousands of years of history that have attracted visitors for many years, but add to that the fascinating recent history and a renewed sense of optimism that you can't help but share, and there really is more to celebrate in Tunisia than ever before."
The first wave of the tourism campaign will also run on national rail trains, print and online media throughout April, May and June.
A second wave of activity will follow in the autumn.
Tunisia's revolution kicked off the Arab Spring uprisings following the self-immolation of street vendor Mohamed Bouazizi in December 2010.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...