Clear Channel recruits David Roddick as international sales director
Clear Channel International, the global outdoor media group, has appointed Northcliffe Media's David Roddick to the newly created role of sales director.
David Roddick: appointed international sales director at Clear Channel International
Roddick will be based in CCI's head office in Golden Square, London, with responsibility for developing and coordinating central relationships across Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
He will report to Pru Parkinson, sales and marketing director for Clear Channel International.
Roddick's early CV includes 12 years on News International's tabloid brands The Sun, Today and the News of the World.
In 2001, he moved to digital media as sales director and then became general manager of News Group Digital, News International's online tabloid business.
Most recently, Roddick was group commercial director at Northcliffe Media, the local publishing arm of DMGT, which he joined in 2007. Here he was responsible for refocusing the business on the customer and conducting a comprehensive sales effectiveness programme.
It emerged in November that he was to leave Northcliffe last month, following the appointment of Steve Auckland as managing director in March 2011.
Parkinson said: "I am delighted to welcome David to the company and look forward to working with him to lead our sales strategy and coordinate sales activities across our 34 markets worldwide.
"His wide-ranging experience and digital expertise will play a key part in developing and coordinating our central relationships, while building our sales community and its effectiveness across the globe."
Roddick said he hoped his varied background in national, digital and traditional advertising formats would "help build on the fantastic success CCI has enjoyed to date".
Follow Nick Batten on @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Director Adam Recruitment $90000 - $110000 per annum + Bonus, New York
- Partnership Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Head of Marketing Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, Central London