Burger King reappoints Open for direct marketing
Burger King has retained Open, DLKW Lowe's specialist direct and in-store agency, to handle its direct marketing account.
Burger King: has retained Open
Open has been retained after the fast-food chain held a pitch for its business last month, having called a review in January.
The review followed the appointment of Burger King's marketing director, Jo Blundell, who joined the company in May last year from the 118 118 owner, The Number.
Blundell arrived at Burger King during an advertising review that culminated in its decision to part with its global ad agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, and appoint McGarryBowen to its US account and CHI & Partners to the UK business.
Last month, Burger King introduced its Lamb Flatbread, its first lamb recipe. The ad, created by CHI & Partners, focused on a "Hungry Like A Wolf" creative idea that shows a couple sitting on an awkward first date, before the man turns into a werewolf after wolfing down his Lamb Flatbread.
Anthony Hopper, the chief executive of Open, said: "It’s never easy going into a pitch as the incumbent, but we knew we had the right team and the right approach to take the work to the next level."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...