Netflix seals exclusive future US TV rights to Disney films
Netflix has struck a major deal with Walt Disney to become its exclusive TV partner with distribution rights to its movies, including those from Pixar and Marvel, in the US.
Netflix: signs exclusive TV partner deal with Disney
The deal means Netflix will be able to stream new Disney films, from 2016, as soon as seven months after they appear cinemas.
It will also start streaming library titles, such as 'Dumbo' and 'Alice in Wonderland', immediately.
Netflix is replacing cable company Starz as part of the deal, which is the first time a major studio has bypassed cable TV for film distribution.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed by either company.
In the UK last month, BSkyB has signed a multi-year deal with NBCUniversal for the rights to current, upcoming and library feature films from Universal Pictures, shutting out rivals LoveFilm and Netflix from new films such as 'Anna Karenina'.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, City of London