Halfords launches £12m creative pitch
Halfords has put its £12 million advertising account up for pitch.
Halfords: the incumbent, DLKW Lowe, will not be repitching
The incumbent, DLKW Lowe, which was responsible for last year’s epic "best trips last a lifetime" TV spot, has decided not to repitch.
Halfords’ review coincides with the departure of the marketing director, Gerry Murphy, and the subsequent arrival of an interim replacement, the former Richmond Foods marketer David Durie. The review is thought to be in the early stages and is being handled directly by the client.
Richard Warren, the DLKW Lowe joint chief executive, said: "We’re very proud of the work we have produced for Halfords. They’ve decided they want a change in direction and we respect their decision."
DLKW Lowe won the business from M&C Saatchi in 2010. It created a series of idents to support Halfords’ sponsorship of the Tour de France that featured the amateur cyclist Dan Francis, whose journey was made into a documentary.
The agency also created the "we fit" idents that ran on Dave to promote its in-store products and services, and positioned Halfords Autocentres as a trusted and friendly place where customer service comes first.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London