Halfords launches £12m creative pitch
Halfords has put its £12 million advertising account up for pitch.
Halfords: the incumbent, DLKW Lowe, will not be repitching
The incumbent, DLKW Lowe, which was responsible for last year’s epic "best trips last a lifetime" TV spot, has decided not to repitch.
Halfords’ review coincides with the departure of the marketing director, Gerry Murphy, and the subsequent arrival of an interim replacement, the former Richmond Foods marketer David Durie. The review is thought to be in the early stages and is being handled directly by the client.
Richard Warren, the DLKW Lowe joint chief executive, said: "We’re very proud of the work we have produced for Halfords. They’ve decided they want a change in direction and we respect their decision."
DLKW Lowe won the business from M&C Saatchi in 2010. It created a series of idents to support Halfords’ sponsorship of the Tour de France that featured the amateur cyclist Dan Francis, whose journey was made into a documentary.
The agency also created the "we fit" idents that ran on Dave to promote its in-store products and services, and positioned Halfords Autocentres as a trusted and friendly place where customer service comes first.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)