Halfords launches £12m creative pitch
Halfords has put its £12 million advertising account up for pitch.
Halfords: the incumbent, DLKW Lowe, will not be repitching
The incumbent, DLKW Lowe, which was responsible for last year’s epic "best trips last a lifetime" TV spot, has decided not to repitch.
Halfords’ review coincides with the departure of the marketing director, Gerry Murphy, and the subsequent arrival of an interim replacement, the former Richmond Foods marketer David Durie. The review is thought to be in the early stages and is being handled directly by the client.
Richard Warren, the DLKW Lowe joint chief executive, said: "We’re very proud of the work we have produced for Halfords. They’ve decided they want a change in direction and we respect their decision."
DLKW Lowe won the business from M&C Saatchi in 2010. It created a series of idents to support Halfords’ sponsorship of the Tour de France that featured the amateur cyclist Dan Francis, whose journey was made into a documentary.
The agency also created the "we fit" idents that ran on Dave to promote its in-store products and services, and positioned Halfords Autocentres as a trusted and friendly place where customer service comes first.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london