Halfords launches £12m creative pitch
Halfords has put its £12 million advertising account up for pitch.
Halfords: the incumbent, DLKW Lowe, will not be repitching
The incumbent, DLKW Lowe, which was responsible for last year’s epic "best trips last a lifetime" TV spot, has decided not to repitch.
Halfords’ review coincides with the departure of the marketing director, Gerry Murphy, and the subsequent arrival of an interim replacement, the former Richmond Foods marketer David Durie. The review is thought to be in the early stages and is being handled directly by the client.
Richard Warren, the DLKW Lowe joint chief executive, said: "We’re very proud of the work we have produced for Halfords. They’ve decided they want a change in direction and we respect their decision."
DLKW Lowe won the business from M&C Saatchi in 2010. It created a series of idents to support Halfords’ sponsorship of the Tour de France that featured the amateur cyclist Dan Francis, whose journey was made into a documentary.
The agency also created the "we fit" idents that ran on Dave to promote its in-store products and services, and positioned Halfords Autocentres as a trusted and friendly place where customer service comes first.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing and Events Assistant Brand Recruitment £20000 per annum, Nottingham
- Zizzi Digital Brand Assistant Manager - Maternity Cover Zizzi Restaurants £25,000 plus benefits, NW16NW