New mobile phone payment ad campaign goes to Engine
Engine will create a multimillion-pound advertising campaign for a service allowing people to send and receive money by using their mobile phone number.
Mobile payment service: people will be able to send money via text
The group won the brief from the Payments Council after a competitive pitch that began in November last year.
Partners Andrews Aldridge will lead the account with support from Engine Strategy and Calling Brands.
The campaign will back the spring 2014 launch of the mobile payments service, which is supported by eight major financial institutions, including Barclays and HSBC.
The service will allow mobile users to opt in to a database that will enable them to send money by text message.
The multimillion-pound integrated campaign will attempt to build a brand for the service and promote it through advertising, corporate communications, social media and direct marketing.
Partners Andrews Aldridge is already working with the Payments Council on activity to promote its free account-switching service.
Alex Smith, a marketing manager at the Payments Council, said: "We were very impressed with Engine’s track record in being able to effect behaviour-change."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)