Sky Bet kicks off advertising review
Agencies are vying to gain a place on the BSkyB roster after Sky Bet, its gambling division, put its advertising account up for pitch.
Sky Bet: has worked with WCRS, which created the ‘excitement of uncertainty’ TV spot
The company has approached both roster and non-roster agencies to invite them to pitch for the business.
Sky Bet spends around £3 million on advertising, according to Nielsen. However, the media value exceeds this considerably as it includes online advertising and promotional space on Sky Sports that is not paid for.
The account was most recently handled by WCRS, which claims it only works on the brand on a project basis.
WCRS created a TV ad for Sky Bet in September last year called "excitement of uncertainty", which it said was intrinsic to betting. The spot followed a punter pondering the possibilities that could unfold over the course of a football season. The ad ran for two months on Sky Sports ahead of football matches and across online and social media channels.
Sky Bet has also worked with MBA, which developed a campaign around the Euro 2012 tournament, and the agency Us. Us created a spot featuring Harry Redknapp to promote Sky’s fantasy football competition.
WCRS, a Sky roster shop, has worked on the account since 2011 and introduced the strapline: "Nothing’s certain. That’s why it’s exciting."
Sky Bet had previously used its in-house marketing team to create ad campaigns using the tagline: "It matters more when there’s money on it."
The company primarily offers an online betting service, but customers can also access it on their mobile or through their TV via the red button.
The media planning and buying account, handled by MediaCom, is not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...