Agencies line up for apprenticeship brief
Advertising agencies have been approached with a brief to promote the Government's apprenticeships drive.
Apprenticeships: Semta brief
Semta, the skills council responsible for science, engineering and manufacturing technologies, has contacted agencies about a pitch for a brief to convince young people to embark on an apprenticeship at one of the 132,000 companies it represents.
Agency sources suggested that part of the brief relates to positioning apprenticeships as a viable alternative to higher education.
Recent government statistics suggest that new apprenticeships reached 520,600 in the 2011/12 academic year, a rise of 13.9 per cent year on year.
However, the Business Secretary, Vince Cable, stressed that "lack of trained workers" remains a concern for businesses.
The Government is keen to put vocational education on a par with academic learning and cited promoting careers in engineering as a priority.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...