Albion lands £10m YouView creative account after pitch
Albion has picked up the £10 million advertising account for the internet-connected TV platform YouView.
YouView: Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account in December
The shop defeated agencies including The Red Brick Road, Kream London, Heavenly, Creature London and Bray Leino to secure the business after a series of pitches earlier this month.
YouView called the review in January after Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account at the end of December. The pitch was overseen by YouView’s marketing team with its outgoing non-executive chairman, Lord Sugar, taking a close interest.
Adam & Eve/DDB launched its first major ad campaign in September last year. The TV spot showed actors and characters including Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Who’s Daleks and Downton Abbey’s Dame Maggie Smith projected on to buildings.
YouView is a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva. After failing to launch as scheduled in 2010 following a series of delays and technical problems, Sugar was brought in as the non-executive chairman in 2011. He resigned from the post two weeks ago.
Albion would not comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Technical SEO Specialist - Travel Clients - Media Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Junior Account Manager - Software Support Ultimate Asset £20000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London