Energy giant calls advertising pitch
SSE, the UK's second-largest energy supplier, is reviewing its advertising and digital accounts. The reviews are being managed separately by AAR.
Image by Paul Dodds. SSE: reviewing its advertising and digital accounts
SSE has sent a request for information to agencies. The advertising brief will cover brand advertising, while the digital account will span design and digital build.
The company, which incorporates the suppliers Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro and Atlantic, is looking to boost its advertising activity amid a shake-up of the energy sector.
Government plans revealed at the end of last year will force energy brands to start placing customers on the cheapest plan. Following the announcement, SSE declared that it would drop its gas bills by 4.5 per cent at the end of March.
The Scotland-based agencies Leith and The Gate currently handle Southern Electric’s advertising.
The e-mail and mobile specialist Communicator Corp works on SSE’s digital activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London