Outdoor Campaign of the Month: O2
TravelAgencies: ZenithOptimedia, PSI, VCCP, Monster Media, Meridian Outdoor
What was the idea?
The brief was to create a pan-regional, cross-media campaign to promote O2's European data roaming offering, O2 Travel, to O2 network users. The eight-week campaign ran from 17 June at Gatwick, Stansted, Manchester, East Midlands and Belfast International airports, which reach an audience of 80m passengers a year.
What was the media strategy?
O2 was the first brand to feature on Eye's new Terminal 1 departures gateway site at Manchester Airport, which comprises six digital multi-screens, backlit LED lightbox and a digital 6-sheet. The latter routed passengers to an informative O2branded landing page, and two mobile-enabled media walls invited flyers to upload and edit photos for real-time viewing via Instagram and Twitter, using #O2Travel. The mobile connection therefore represented the start of the customer journey and the media walls were poised to deliver O2 with a range of metrics to determine campaign ROI.
How did you use outdoor?
Airports are the ideal fit for a campaign promoting mobile roaming capabilities abroad. Location is also crucial, and the Terminal 1 gateway site is aptly positioned post-security, where flyers are in a highly receptive mindset. The campaign leveraged airport dwell time and delivered real exclusivity to O2. It also signified the largest single brand domination of Eye's media estate in 2013 to date.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)