Outdoor Campaign of the Month: Innocent
What was the idea?
Innocent launched a £3.5m campaign in January looking to promote its new "Tastes good, does good" proposition. The activity celebrates the "Chain of good" that begins with an Innocent drink and aims to highlight the charitable donations (10% of profits) that the brand makes to help people around the world.
The "Chain" represents the wide array of benefits that stems from enjoying an Innocent smoothie: from its good taste, through it being good for its consumers and on to a wider good through worldwide charitable donations in the areas where the fruit used in its production is grown.
What was the strategy for the campaign?
Innocent was looking to provide a more "joined-up" marketing strategy, one that ensures there is a communications vehicle that works across everything the brand does and makes.
The multichannel campaign ran throughout January across TV, outdoor and digital. A 60-second ad tells the story of Joseph, a boy whose family was helped by Innocent’s partnership with the development charity Send a Cow. A longer online film reveals later how another charity supported by Innocent has helped a Peruvian family. Outdoor was a further important ingredient in the mix, bringing high reach and impact levels for the "Tastes good, does good" message.
Why did we use outdoor?
We chose outdoor as a medium so we could bring our "Chain of good" story to life close to the point of purchase. We picked out the locations where our audience lives and works, for example Primesight's Waterloo domination. We used multiple formats and varied the pieces to create a "chain" of reasons – a sequence of messages strung along common journeys intended to give more than one exposure every time.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London