Outdoor Campaign of the Month: American Airlines
What was the idea?
To raise awareness that American Airlines offers fully lie-flat seats in First and Business Class on all flights between London and New York. American is also the only airline to offer wi-fi across the Atlantic. The use of fully liveried taxis with free 4G wi-fi and a 30-second ad on the interior digital screen gave passengers an all-encompassing American Airlines product experience during their journey.
What was the media strategy?
With an objective to drive brand consideration among business flyers in London, we launched our biggest out-of-home campaign to date. The campaign appeared across the
London Underground and rail networks, premium large-format roadside sites, wi-fi-enabled taxis, Heathrow Airport, the Heathrow Express, Canary Wharf and a digital network that reaches executives in the corporate environment.
How did you use outdoor?
On entry to the taxi, passengers were met by a welcome message on the interior digital screen prompting them to connect to free 4G wi-fi. Upon doing so, they were taken to a campaign landing page on aa.com, which provided access to a virtual tour of our new planes.
In addition, a 30-second ad played on the screen, providing customers with more information on American’s transatlantic flying experience. Tip seats and branded receipts also reinforced key messages and provided a call to action to learn more about American.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)