Outdoor Campaign of the Month: American Airlines
What was the idea?
To raise awareness that American Airlines offers fully lie-flat seats in First and Business Class on all flights between London and New York. American is also the only airline to offer wi-fi across the Atlantic. The use of fully liveried taxis with free 4G wi-fi and a 30-second ad on the interior digital screen gave passengers an all-encompassing American Airlines product experience during their journey.
What was the media strategy?
With an objective to drive brand consideration among business flyers in London, we launched our biggest out-of-home campaign to date. The campaign appeared across the
London Underground and rail networks, premium large-format roadside sites, wi-fi-enabled taxis, Heathrow Airport, the Heathrow Express, Canary Wharf and a digital network that reaches executives in the corporate environment.
How did you use outdoor?
On entry to the taxi, passengers were met by a welcome message on the interior digital screen prompting them to connect to free 4G wi-fi. Upon doing so, they were taken to a campaign landing page on aa.com, which provided access to a virtual tour of our new planes.
In addition, a 30-second ad played on the screen, providing customers with more information on American’s transatlantic flying experience. Tip seats and branded receipts also reinforced key messages and provided a call to action to learn more about American.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)