Sanofi calls in Open Road for campaign on killer VTE
Sanofi has hired Open Road for a public affairs brief to improve awareness of venous thromboembolism (VTE) - otherwise known as deep vein thrombosis.
Andrew Hobson: Open Road associate director
Open Road is charged with putting its public affairs weight behind Sanofi’s campaign to improve prevention and awareness of VTE, the UK’s biggest killer in hospitals.
Each year more than 25,000 people in England die from VTE in hospital. This is around 25 times the number of people who die from MRSA.
Sanofi previously worked with Insight and handed the account to Open Road after a competitive pitch thought to have also included Lexington Communications.
The firm wants the agency to create connections with key policy makers to improve risk assessment in hospitals and the management of all patients identified at risk of VTE.
Louise Brant, government affairs manager at Sanofi UK, said: ‘We were really impressed by Open Road’s knowledge of the policy area and its integrated approach to our VTE prevention campaigns.’
The account will be led by Open Road associate director Andrew Hobson, who recently joined the company’s healthcare practice.
He said: ‘Sanofi has a great heritage working with the Government and the NHS to deliver better patient care. We will be working with it to raise awareness of the risk that VTE poses to patients.’
Sanofi employs more than 100,000 people globally, with activity across five therapeutic areas: diabetes, oncology, cardiovascular/ thrombosis, central nervous system and internal medicine.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London