Sanofi calls in Open Road for campaign on killer VTE
Sanofi has hired Open Road for a public affairs brief to improve awareness of venous thromboembolism (VTE) - otherwise known as deep vein thrombosis.
Andrew Hobson: Open Road associate director
Open Road is charged with putting its public affairs weight behind Sanofi’s campaign to improve prevention and awareness of VTE, the UK’s biggest killer in hospitals.
Each year more than 25,000 people in England die from VTE in hospital. This is around 25 times the number of people who die from MRSA.
Sanofi previously worked with Insight and handed the account to Open Road after a competitive pitch thought to have also included Lexington Communications.
The firm wants the agency to create connections with key policy makers to improve risk assessment in hospitals and the management of all patients identified at risk of VTE.
Louise Brant, government affairs manager at Sanofi UK, said: ‘We were really impressed by Open Road’s knowledge of the policy area and its integrated approach to our VTE prevention campaigns.’
The account will be led by Open Road associate director Andrew Hobson, who recently joined the company’s healthcare practice.
He said: ‘Sanofi has a great heritage working with the Government and the NHS to deliver better patient care. We will be working with it to raise awareness of the risk that VTE poses to patients.’
Sanofi employs more than 100,000 people globally, with activity across five therapeutic areas: diabetes, oncology, cardiovascular/ thrombosis, central nervous system and internal medicine.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...