Lansons Communications buys Marketforce PR business
Lansons Communications has acquired the media relations business of Marketforce Business Media, PRWeek can reveal.
Tony Langham: Lansons co-founder and CEO
Marketforce, which was originally established as a comms business, has exited the media relations sector to concentrate on its core conference business.
As a result it has sold its entire PR operation to Lansons, which will integrate Marketforce’s three staff and five clients into the agency. The clients are thought to generate combined fees worth a six-figure annual sum, albeit believed to be substantially less than £500,000.
Marketforce’s PR clients include Gresham Private Equity, Cavendish Asset Management, Marks & Clerk, Thincats.com and Selectapension.
These clients will be joined by associate director Amy Mankelow and two senior account executives Richard Holme and James Reynolds.
Lansons boss Tony Langham wrote in an email to staff: ‘The clients are interesting to us, boosting us in the legal and private equity space as well as adding some financial services fees... I believe that this is a great fit for Lansons, and the fees are a nice boost, as we fight our way through another year of recession.’
It is thought Marketforce had been in discussion with a number of agencies over the sale of its PR business before choosing the Lansons deal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London
- Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Award Winning ATL Creative Agency looking for a talented Account Manager - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd uo to c£34k, Central London