Lansons Communications buys Marketforce PR business
Lansons Communications has acquired the media relations business of Marketforce Business Media, PRWeek can reveal.
Tony Langham: Lansons co-founder and CEO
Marketforce, which was originally established as a comms business, has exited the media relations sector to concentrate on its core conference business.
As a result it has sold its entire PR operation to Lansons, which will integrate Marketforce’s three staff and five clients into the agency. The clients are thought to generate combined fees worth a six-figure annual sum, albeit believed to be substantially less than £500,000.
Marketforce’s PR clients include Gresham Private Equity, Cavendish Asset Management, Marks & Clerk, Thincats.com and Selectapension.
These clients will be joined by associate director Amy Mankelow and two senior account executives Richard Holme and James Reynolds.
Lansons boss Tony Langham wrote in an email to staff: ‘The clients are interesting to us, boosting us in the legal and private equity space as well as adding some financial services fees... I believe that this is a great fit for Lansons, and the fees are a nice boost, as we fight our way through another year of recession.’
It is thought Marketforce had been in discussion with a number of agencies over the sale of its PR business before choosing the Lansons deal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Head of Marketing & Sales Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, Worcester
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...