Metro promotes Kim Tyler to top PR and sponsorship role
Metro has created a new role of PR, sponsorship and events chief to spearhead the brand's creative advertising and sponsorship development.
Kim Tyler: to provide focal point for PR, sponsorship and events agencies
Kim Tyler, who joined the company in 2010, has moved to the position from the creative sales team where she was special projects manager.
Tyler’s role is to provide a focal point for the hundreds of PR, sponsorship and events agencies that come to Metro with creative or media partnership briefs, and is designed to encourage and develop other forms of advertising aside from display ads.
The role, which reports to Grant Woodthorpe, executive director of sales, encompasses core sales, planning and developing business using tools such as reader competitions to sponsorship packages, experiential events and product sampling.
She will also be responsible for proactively selling creative ideas to PR and sponsorship agencies.
Other responsibilities also include ensuring the industry is kept up to date with changes to the Metro portfolio.
Before joining Metro in 2010, Tyler was an account manager at Global Radio and at Google.
Woodthorpe said: ‘I’m delighted to announce this new role for Kim. Her skills and energy are going to be invaluable in helping us to consolidate Metro’s strengths in creative planning and in communicating our news and success to the industry. I look forward to working with Kim in this important area at a time when Metro is developing and diversifying.’
The Associated Newspapers title saw massive digital growth – 46 per cent increase in browsing of its website reported in January compared to the previous year - aided by the launch of apps Metro Online and Metro Tablet Edition.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...