The Red Consultancy loses six-figure contract with shopping site Kelkoo
The Red Consultancy has lost its six-figure pan-EMEA and UK PR contract with price comparison site Kelkoo.
Kelkoo: has brought all PR activity in-house
Kelkoo has decided to bring all of Red's activities in-house as it looks to rein in PR spend and put more money behind the mechanics of its site and search capabilities.
Red held the account for two years and recently finished working out the remainder of its retainer.
‘By no means is this a reflection of Red’s performance,’ said Tracy North, head of PR at Kelkoo Europe. ‘The business has made a decision to place more marketing spend on search and content, and less on PR.
‘For the past two years the investment in PR has been considerable and we have achieved amazing results with coverage volumes increasing by more than 50 per cent in the past year alone. We will now carry out fewer campaigns with a far smaller team but all campaigns will be completely joined up with the rest of the business. In the past, PR often worked solo to the rest of the business.'
Red won the account two years ago from incumbent Brands2Life, which handled the UK account. The EMEA brief had been newly created at the time.
When Red won PRWeek’s Agency of the Year in 2011 its work for Kelkoo was highlighted. The agency's 'Britain's most talented pets' campaign for the online shopping comparison site generated a 16% increase on the previous month on natural traffic leads on pet products.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...