Red Bee Media calls in Octopus Communications to push 'social TV'
Red Bee Media has called in Octopus Communications to help position the media company as a leader in 'social TV'.
The Walking Dead: Red Bee Media's TV companion app
The media management company was the former broadcast arm of the BBC and now works with broadcasters and content owners that include the BBC, Channel 4, Virgin Media, Sky, MTV and Endemol.
Jon Lonsdale, MD of Octopus Communications, said: ‘We will be positioning Red Bee Media at the heart of the changing nature of TV debates and how content is created in the internet age.
‘We will help Red Bee Media push the social TV agenda and promote ‘two screen TV’ as people increasing watch TV while also tweeting on their mobile phones or tablets.’
Octopus won the account after a pitch process, and take over from incumbent Braben. The agency will work on an initial six-month trade and media relations brief, with the view for the work to be extended.
The agency is charged with educating key audiences about the diversity of Red Bee Media’s portfolio of broadcasting products and services. They will target broadcasters, programme makers and TV executives to promote Red Bee Media products.
Octopus will push Red Bee Media experts into debates over how TV will look in the future, taking up industry-speaking opportunities at appearances at broadcast events. Octopus will also promote Red Bee Media’s increasing efforts in the creation of TV ‘companion apps’ such as for The Walking Dead series, currently showing on FX.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...