Hit or Miss? British Airways launches airplane-themed pop-up restaurant
Official Olympic Games sponsor British Airways launched an aeroplane cabin-themed pop-up restaurant this week.
British Airways: airplane-themed pop-up restaurant
Developed by Cake, the restaurant is part of the carrier's 'Great Britons' campaign, which has also seen BA create dove-themed Olympic planes. Under the campaign, hundreds of free flights were offered to promote British talent in fields such as art and design and sport.
How I see it
James Gordon-MacIntosh, managing partner, Hope&Glory PR
BA2012 combines nostalgia with contemporary values. No mean feat, and one that should remind a new generation of high fliers and hipsters why BA should be their - if not the world's - favourite airline.
Packing film, food and art into one launch, it's got all the media bases covered.
The mere announcement that BA2012 was on its way cleaned up online. That sell-out has created money-can't-buy coverage for the competition now running on Facebook.
Putting the cherry on what is already a well-iced cake, the brand unveiled its new airline on the morning of the restaurant's launch to widespread acclaim.
With a star-spangled restaurant-cum-gallery-cum-cinema premiere to secure yet more media, this stunt is flying first class.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Ad Operations Executive/Trafficker Propel £2600 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...