MasterCard hands Frank PR Champions League brief
MasterCard has appointed Frank PR to exploit the brand's UEFA Champions League sponsorship.
Champions League: MasterCard brings in Frank
MasterCard has appointed Frank PR to exploit the brand’s UEFA Champions League sponsorship.
The pan-European brief will see Frank support MasterCard initiatives around the tournament, thought to include a football fan spending report.
The financial services giant has previously released a study of the spending habits of Champions League fans before the final, analysing fan spending in bars, clubs, shops, hotels, city attractions, bookmakers and inside the stadium.
Frank is understood to have won the brief in a four-way competitive pitch that included former incumbent Weber Shandwick.
MasterCard recently renewed its support for the tournament for a further three years. The firm is signed up as official partner until the end of the 2014-15 season and plans to offer experiences for fans in the match-day cities and enhance its social media activity, in particular through its 'Witness History' Facebook page.
The year’s final takes place at the Allianz Arena in Munich on 19 May.
Frank declined to confirm the brief, while MasterCard could not be reached for comment.
In March, the brand called in Kaper to handle its global 'Priceless Cities' campaign in the UK and other targeting European locations, to promote a series of city-wide reward programmes and experiences.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford