MasterCard hands Frank PR Champions League brief
MasterCard has appointed Frank PR to exploit the brand's UEFA Champions League sponsorship.
Champions League: MasterCard brings in Frank
MasterCard has appointed Frank PR to exploit the brand’s UEFA Champions League sponsorship.
The pan-European brief will see Frank support MasterCard initiatives around the tournament, thought to include a football fan spending report.
The financial services giant has previously released a study of the spending habits of Champions League fans before the final, analysing fan spending in bars, clubs, shops, hotels, city attractions, bookmakers and inside the stadium.
Frank is understood to have won the brief in a four-way competitive pitch that included former incumbent Weber Shandwick.
MasterCard recently renewed its support for the tournament for a further three years. The firm is signed up as official partner until the end of the 2014-15 season and plans to offer experiences for fans in the match-day cities and enhance its social media activity, in particular through its 'Witness History' Facebook page.
The year’s final takes place at the Allianz Arena in Munich on 19 May.
Frank declined to confirm the brief, while MasterCard could not be reached for comment.
In March, the brand called in Kaper to handle its global 'Priceless Cities' campaign in the UK and other targeting European locations, to promote a series of city-wide reward programmes and experiences.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...