Kyoto Tourism Council turns to McCluskey International
Kyoto Tourism Council has appointed travel PR and destination specialists McCluskey International to be its first UK representation office, with a brief to raise general awareness of the city among British travellers.
Kyoto: the only place where ‘real’ geishas can still be seen
McCluskey International has been briefed to start work on the account with immediate effect, and will develop a strategic trade and consumer PR plan to support the tourism council throughout 2012. This will include a familiarisation trip to Kyoto for key journalists and travel trade representatives.McCluskey International agency principal Judy McCluskey said: ‘Kyoto’s diverse history and reputation as Japan’s original capital and cultural centre will provide a wealth of angles for media and numerous opportunities for tour operators and travel agents.
‘The city is home to the Imperial Palace while also being the only place where "real" geishas can still be seen. Its old temples and Zen gardens interspersed with urban living mean that Kyoto is a striking contrast of heritage and modern city.’
Kyoto is the fourth Asia-Pacific client that McCluskey International has won in the past year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...