PRCA hires Katharine Barney as director of comms and policy
The PRCA has brought in a director of comms and policy, as part of a broader management shake-up.
Katharine Barney (centre): replaces Richard Ellis
Katharine Barney has been brought in to replace Richard Ellis, who left earlier this month to launch his own consultancy, Aardvark Communications.
Barney joins from working at Westminster City Council, where she was a media officer. Previously, she had spent five years at the Evening Standard, latterly as City Hall reporter, and has also written for the Daily Mail, Financial Times and The Independent.
The PRCA, which last year expanded its remit to allow entry to individuals as well as the previously accepted consultancies, comms teams and sole traders, has also promoted internally to fill two other roles.
Katie Goodrum has been promoted to director of events, marketing and commercial partnerships, while Jessica Lobendhan is the new director of training and professional development.
Ingham said: ‘To promote in-house demonstrates the emphasis we put on personal development while also recognising the benefits of drawing on outside experience.’
This week, Ingham stood by a PRCA decision to reject a complaint against Bell Pottinger following criticism from the managing editor of the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, Iain Overton.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...