Internet Week Europe calls on Borkowski.do to spread the word
Internet Week Europe (IWE) will be working with Borkowski.do to promote digital talent and spread awareness around its affiliated awards.
Mark Borkowski: will provide strategic counsel
Launched in 2010, IWE takes place in Covent Garden's The Hospital Club during five days in November and celebrates all online business.
The agency has also been brought in to promote the affiliated Lovie Awards, sister to the well-known Webby Awards, to reward the best in European digital work.
The eight-month project brief will see the Borkowski.do team led by Louise Thompson and Nicola Lamb, with an initial focus on the awards.
This will include efforts to highlight some of last year's winners- including TweetDeck for best breakthrough - and highlighting the range of sectors that the awards touch on, including film, health and lifestyle to reach a wide audience.
The first IWE took place two years after the launch of its American equivalent in New York, with the brief coming about in the wake of support shown by agency founder Mark Borkowski around the event.
Borkowski, who will provide strategic counsel, said: 'It could have gone to any of the major cities in Europe but it came here. They have embedded it now, so part of our job is to get the balance right between spreading the word and not destroying its distinctive European flavour, which is very different to that of what is going on in the United States.'
He added: 'We have before us a unique chance to make huge waves in the European digital space and help to produce a festival with real cultural impact.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...