Smirnoff £1m global consumer brief up for grabs
Smirnoff is understood to be inviting agencies to pitch for a global consumer brief thought to be worth £1m a year.
Consumer: Smirnoff account
PRWeek has learned that the brand has drawn up a shortlist for the brief, which is currently held by consumer agency Splendid Communications.
The account is thought to be Splendid's largest deal. It was awarded in 2003 when Splendid was founded and is understood to have helped the agency expand into offices in New York and Sydney, where it is also handled, as well as London.
Part of Diageo, the world's largest producer of spirits, the vodka brand is understood to be looking for a global agency to handle the brief, which will have a digital focus.
As part of its work for the brand, Splendid developed the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project in 50 countries, which won the backing of Madonna.
Splendid also launched the official MDNA Nightlife Edition Remix Album for Smirnoff, which features exclusive remixes of singles from Madonna's MDNA album.
A Diageo spokeswoman said the company was unable to comment. A Splendid spokeswoman said the company was unable to comment.
It is not known whether Splendid has been invited to repitch for the account.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + + benefits, Leicestershire
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...