Smirnoff £1m global consumer brief up for grabs
Smirnoff is understood to be inviting agencies to pitch for a global consumer brief thought to be worth £1m a year.
Consumer: Smirnoff account
PRWeek has learned that the brand has drawn up a shortlist for the brief, which is currently held by consumer agency Splendid Communications.
The account is thought to be Splendid's largest deal. It was awarded in 2003 when Splendid was founded and is understood to have helped the agency expand into offices in New York and Sydney, where it is also handled, as well as London.
Part of Diageo, the world's largest producer of spirits, the vodka brand is understood to be looking for a global agency to handle the brief, which will have a digital focus.
As part of its work for the brand, Splendid developed the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project in 50 countries, which won the backing of Madonna.
Splendid also launched the official MDNA Nightlife Edition Remix Album for Smirnoff, which features exclusive remixes of singles from Madonna's MDNA album.
A Diageo spokeswoman said the company was unable to comment. A Splendid spokeswoman said the company was unable to comment.
It is not known whether Splendid has been invited to repitch for the account.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London