PC maker Lenovo calls in 3 Monkeys and 100zeh
PC maker Lenovo has called in 3 Monkeys to cover its UK consumer PR and 100zehn to handle Germany as it looks to become the world's number one PC company.
Upcoming launch: Yoga Ultrabook/tablet hybrid
The appointment comes after a far-reaching consumer review of the company’s existing relationships with Text 100 and Ogilvy PR.
Text 100 will remain Lenovo’s lead agency across Europe for corporate and tech PR and will be responsible for rolling out the company’s consumer PR activity in countries beyond the UK and Germany.
3 Monkeys and 100zehn are briefed to handle the launch of Lenovo products to consumer audiences. Both will focus initially on the PC maker’s new range of Ultrabooks and the upcoming launch of the Yoga Ultrabook/tablet hybrid.
Both agencies will be working on raising the profile of the Lenovo brand as it looks to become the number one PC company in the world. It currently lies at number two. In its plans to leapfrog HP, Lenovo has set itself a target to reach the number three spot in EMEA by 2013.
Despite increasing EMEA unit shipments from 1.56 million to 2.30 million in the first quarter of 2012, Lenovo is still fifth place in the region on 8.2 per cent market share.
Lenovo UK’s head of media relations and executive comms Charlotte West: ‘We wanted an agency that could propel us into the consumer landscape and help drive our ambition to become the number one PC company not only in terms of the number of products we ship but also in brand reputation.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Head of Visual Merchandising - Luxury Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + car allowance + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 per annum, London
- PR Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 per annum, Birmingham
- HEAD OF DIGITAL SALES Success Digital £Competitive Salary + Bonus Scheme, Manchester