PC maker Lenovo calls in 3 Monkeys and 100zeh
PC maker Lenovo has called in 3 Monkeys to cover its UK consumer PR and 100zehn to handle Germany as it looks to become the world's number one PC company.
Upcoming launch: Yoga Ultrabook/tablet hybrid
The appointment comes after a far-reaching consumer review of the company’s existing relationships with Text 100 and Ogilvy PR.
Text 100 will remain Lenovo’s lead agency across Europe for corporate and tech PR and will be responsible for rolling out the company’s consumer PR activity in countries beyond the UK and Germany.
3 Monkeys and 100zehn are briefed to handle the launch of Lenovo products to consumer audiences. Both will focus initially on the PC maker’s new range of Ultrabooks and the upcoming launch of the Yoga Ultrabook/tablet hybrid.
Both agencies will be working on raising the profile of the Lenovo brand as it looks to become the number one PC company in the world. It currently lies at number two. In its plans to leapfrog HP, Lenovo has set itself a target to reach the number three spot in EMEA by 2013.
Despite increasing EMEA unit shipments from 1.56 million to 2.30 million in the first quarter of 2012, Lenovo is still fifth place in the region on 8.2 per cent market share.
Lenovo UK’s head of media relations and executive comms Charlotte West: ‘We wanted an agency that could propel us into the consumer landscape and help drive our ambition to become the number one PC company not only in terms of the number of products we ship but also in brand reputation.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...